Chapter 17 - The Predictions in the Book of Daniel and The Beast of Daniel: Antiochus Epiphanes
To decipher this subject the historical records will not be used so much but rather only the topic of the Temple. Also, the characteristics listed in Daniel Chapter 11:30-45 is defined within the confines of when the Temple was standing. In other words, these characteristics are detailing the acts of Antiochus Epiphanes or Alexander the 'Great' of Macedonia. This is the formula: (Temple + characteristics = Beast of Daniel). Today, no one fits the characteristics of Daniel 11:30-45 because the Temple is not standing to be desecrated.
It is much easier and simpler to deduct and then solve the problem. Here are the facts:
The Temple was destroyed in A.D. 70 by the Romans!
The existence of the Temple is central to both Paul and John. Paul expressed the Dispensationalist view while John expressed the Millennialist view. John, again, simply continued where Paul left off. Nevertheless, the difference is the Temple. Paul predicted the desecration of the Temple while John witnessed or mentioned the destruction of the Temple. The difference is based on two terms:
Desecration (Daniel 9:24-27, Daniel 11:31, 1st Maccabees 1:54-59, Matthew 24:15, Mark 13:14, 2nd Thessalonians 2:3-4).
Destruction (Matthew 24:1-2, Mark 13:1-2, Luke 21:5-6, Luke 21:20-33, John 2:13-22, Revelation 6:13, Revelation 9:4, Revelation 13:10, Revelation 14:14-20, Revelation 17:8, Revelation 17:16, Revelation 21:22).
The evidence above concludes with a proof:
(1) "Desecration" of the Temple is the subject of Paul's Dispensationalist theory (2nd Thessalonians).
(2) "Destruction" of the Temple is the subject of John's Millennialist theory (Revelation).
(3) Matthew and Mark edited and rewrote their gospels to fit the mindframe of their audience. The reason why one part of their respective gospels are pro-Dispensationalist(desecration of the Temple) while one part is pro-Millennialist(destruction of the Temple).
(4) The information contained in the gospels of John and Luke are totally Millennialistic. These two authors also edited and rewrote their gospels. John is also the author of the Book of Revelation based on Revelation chapter 10.
(5) The information from 1st Maccabees and the destruction of the Temple in A.D. 70 means that Paul's Dispensationalist theory is false and historically incorrect(1st Corinthians 7:26-29, 1st Corinthians 9:17, 1st Corinthians 15:51-52, Colossians 1:25-27, 1st Thessalonians 4:15-17, 2nd Thessalonians 2:3-4).
(6) Paul's Dispensationalism falsely predicted that the Temple would be desecrated rather than destroyed. Paul's Dispensationalism is also associated with the Temple's desecration and "rapture" which has been proven false by the Roman destruction of the Temple in A.D. 70.
(7) Therefore, Antiochus Epiphanes is the Beast of Daniel.
(8) The destruction of the Temple signals a seven decades cycle (Daniel 9:2 = Destruction / Daniel 9:24 = Desecration). The verses from Daniel speaks of the purification process which is absent in other Books pertaining to this subject specifically. This means that a "desecration" takes seventy weeks for purification while a "destruction" takes seventy years for purification.
(9) Even in John's Millennialism, in the Book of Revelation, he also expressed this hope of a return to the land (Revelation 15:8 and Revelation 21:3). The difference is the seventy years 'Great Tribulation' ends with Jesus physically returning. The supposed false prediction is A.D. 140 which is seventy years after the Roman destruction of the Temple. According to John the reign of the messiah Jesus would begin in A.D. 140 to A.D. 1140 then a revolt by the spiritual 'Gog and Magog' (Revelation chapter twenty).
(10) If the Book of Revelation is a false prediction then the Roman Emperor Nero is "666" of Revelation chapter 13. It also included his advisor - Seneca copying the relationship earlier between Alexander the 'Great' of Macedonia and Aristotle. Again, Antiochus Epiphanes is the Beast of Daniel without a famous number like "666" to describe him.
(11) Therefore, the modern creation of Israel in 1948 is a natural event rather than a supernatural one. Sadly, modern Millennialists have hijacked public policy based on a false prediction which could be rooted to the writings of both the Book of Daniel and the Book of Revelation. Therefore, the first modern Millennialist is proven to be St. Augustine of Hippo:
" I confess, indeed, that I fear we may be mistaken in respect of the ten kings whom Antichrist, as it seems, is to find, who are ostensibly ten men; I am afraid, that is, that Antichrist may come unexpectedly, seeing that there are not as many kings as that in existence in the Roman world. But it may be suggested that the number ten signifies the total number of kings after whom he is to come, in the same way as totality is frequently signified by a thousand, or a hundred, or seven, or by several other numbers - there is no need to give a list of them here. "( City of God, Book XX, ch. 23, pg. 946 )
( 12 ) Through the Jewish rabbis own words the Temple was considered a physical sign therefore guiding me to the formula stated in these two verses(Daniel 9:2 and Daniel 9:24). The Jewish rabbis through their own words proves the validity of the previous two verses in the Book of Daniel:
"But the second Temple, where the occupations were study of the Law, religious duties, and charity -- why fell it? Because there was groundless enmity. 1. From this we can infer that unfounded hatred is equal to all the three sins together: idolatry, adultery, and bloodshed. In the time of the first Temple, although they were wicked, yet because they put their trust in the Holy One, blessed be He, as it is written (Micah 3:11): " Her heads judge for bribes, her priests teach for reward, and her prophets divine for money: and yet they will lean upon the Lord, and say, Is not the Lord among us? evil cannot come over us. " For this, the Holy One, blessed be He, brought on them three chastisements, for their three sins; as it is written (Micah 3:12): " Therefore for your sake shall Zion be ploughed up as a field, and Jerusalem shall become ruinous heaps, and the mount of the house, forest-covered high places. "
R. Johanan and R. Elazar both said: In the time of the first Temple, as their sin was laid bare, therefore the date of the end of their suffering has likewise been revealed; but in the time of the second Temple, when their sin was not stated clearly in writing, therefore the date of the end (of their suffering) was not revealed either.
R. Johanan said again: The nail of those of the time of the first Temple was preferable to the belly(whole body) of those of the time of the second Temple. Said Resh Lakish to him: On the contrary, the last were better. Although they were subject to a foreign government, nevertheless they studied and observed the Law. Rejoined R. Johanan: The fact of the Temple can prove it. The first obtained the Temple once more, and the last have it not yet. R. Elazar was asked who were greater, the first or the second? He replied: Take the Temple as a sign. '(Talmud, Book 3, Chapter 1 of Tract Yomah ' Day of Atonement ', pg.11-12)
Therefore; the physical absence of the Temple, for so long a duration, is a sign that the Old Testament and New Testament were rewritten to fit events. The Temple's absence means that the 'invisible' hand of God did not guide the hearts of the surrounding nations to remove the Romans and guided others to start the rebuilding process in A.D. 140. In other words, the writers or what is written in the Old Testament were composed after the facts or events. The New Testament's so-called prophecies are false predictions based on previous doubtful information located throughout the Old Testament. The false prediction within the Book of Revelation has exposed the cover-up because obviously there was no Temple rebuilt on A.D. 140. 'Take the Temple as a sign' .... all the so-called prophecies or false predictions have expired.